Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Leaders Quotes

Here is a list of my favorite political quotes...

I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody.
~Barack Obama

Christmas has been a season of mixed interests and meanings, but the very foundation, of course, is its religious significance. No matter what other personal desires or crises we have faced, I've never forgotten that this is the time to celebrate the birth of the Baby Jesus, and the impact of this event on the history of the world.

~Jimmy Carter, Christmas in Plains: Memories

I am neither bitter nor cynical but I do wish there was less immaturity in political thinking.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Our true choice is not between tax reduction on the one hand and avoidance of large deficits on the other; it is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power . . . an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget -- just as it will never produce enough jobs or profits."
~ John F. Kennedy

"If I could find a way to get [Saddam Hussein] out of there, even putting a contract out on him, if the CIA still did that sort of a thing, assuming it ever did, I would be for it."
~ Richard M. Nixon

Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong.
~Richard Armour

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
~P.J. O'Rourke

Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks.
~Doug Larson

There are always too many Democratic congressmen, too many Republican congressmen, and never enough U.S. congressmen.
~Author Unknown

Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you.
~Author Unknown

The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club.
~Dave Barry

There ought to be one day - just one - when there is open season on senators. ~Will Rogers

Politics - I don't know why, but they seem to have a tendency to separate us, to keep us from one another, while nature is always and ever making efforts to bring us together.
~Sean O'Casey

He's not a Republican, he's a Republican't.
~Author Unknown

A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly sits.
~Woodrow Wilson

Politics are almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics many times.
~Winston Churchill

The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too.
~Oscar Levant

I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I give you this warning that you may prepare your mind for your fate.
~John Adams

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
~John Quincy Adams

I'll be glad to reply to or dodge your questions, depending on what I think will help our election most.
~George H. W. Bush

Today we affirm a new commitment to live out our nation's promise through civility, courage, compassion and character.
~George W. Bush

I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it.
~Dwight D. Eisenhower

I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your President by your ballots, so I ask you to confirm me with your prayers.
~Gerald R. Ford

No government ought to be without censors; and where the press is free no one ever will.
~Thomas Jefferson

A man without a vote is man without protection.
~Lyndon B. Johnson

He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.
~Abraham Lincoln

I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies in a fight. But my friends, my goddamned friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor at nights!
~Warren G. Harding

Be sincere; be brief; be seated.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

My dream of politics all my life has been that it is the common business, that it is something we owe to each other to understand and discuss with absolute frankness.
~Woodrow Wilson