Monday, November 7, 2011

Universal Health Care

I am an American citizen appalled by the health care system in America. I have a twenty-five year old daughter who cannot afford health insurance and has tried on many occasions to apply for the basic care program for low income people. She was denied assistance because she does not have children and no disability ailment. I would like to see Universal card coverage provided for all Americans in this country.

I have other family members that cannot afford health insurance. The cost of medicine my family spends is frequently not covered by insurance which forces them to travel out of the United States for drug purchases at substantially lower prices. There has to be a better solution to this problem.

We are Americans. We should look out for each other and care for those who cannot care for themselves. It should be a basic human right regardless of the individual economic status. It is appalling to watch patients being denied medical attention because they do not have health insurance.

I for one favor Ralph Nader campaign where the government finances health care, but keeps the delivery of health care to private non-profits, and allow free choice of doctors and hospitals for patients.

The health insurance industry and the pharmaceutical companies are gouging us and I am sick of it. I will end with a saying from one of our great Nobel Peace Prize and Political Activists. "Of all the forms of inequality, the injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane. "-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith